Vitamin D is an important substance for the functioning of the body and is found in small amounts in foods. It is often taken in the form of a pharmacy preparation. What time of day should it be taken?
How to properly take Vitamin D? Is it advisable to take it at night?
- Vitamin should be taken in the morning or at lunchtime. This is because it stimulates the nervous system. If the substance is taken in the evening, it may cause difficulty sleeping, especially in children.
- It is better absorbed along with fat, so after taking the substance, it will not be harmful to eat something fatty. For example, a few nuts or a piece of bacon.
- It is not recommended to take vitamins D and E together, as their effects are mutually exclusive.
- Dissolve the liquid solution in a spoonful of water. If the substance is given to a child, it is acceptable to dilute it in milk.
- It is important to maintain calcium levels in the blood during vitamin D intake and regularly check this indicator.
- If the medication is given to the child for too long, an adverse effect may occur.
- It’s important to measure the exact number of drops, as an overdose of calciferol is dangerous. If the bottle is not equipped with a dropper, a regular pipette can be used.